The microflora of the human gut is very diverse. It has long been no secret that the body is inhabited by millions of microorganisms, both beneficial and not so beneficial. Herbalife probiotic like Simply Probiotic and prebiotics are created to maintain our beneficial microflora and digestive health. Although, some symbiotic supplements contain both at the same time.
What is Bacillus Coagulans?
Under normal conditions, the gut contains 85% beneficial microorganisms and only 5% pathogenic microorganisms. Under the influence of certain factors, the microflora is disturbed; the balance is tipped in the direction of the “bad” bacteria.
They actively reproduce, causing GI diseases, stomach disorders, liver, pancreas and other important organs. To avoid this happening, you need to maintain a healthy intestinal microflora with beneficial probiotics and prebiotics for their reproduction and healthy living.
Herbalife Nutrition has developed a supplement containing an effective strain of beneficial bacteria—Bacillus Coagulans.
Herbalife Simply Probiotic benefits
- Bacillus Coagulans is one of the most famous strains recognized worldwide. Among other probiotics, it is distinguished by its unique property of being very resistant to temperature changes.
- Bacillus Coagulans products often have info that these bacteria can be boiled, frozen, cooked with them, and subjected to high pressure. These bacteria are not destroyed by gastric juice, bile, or antibiotics.
- Bacillus Coagulans is a separate species of bacillus bacteria and produces lactic acid, which is essential for gastrointestinal health. In addition to lactic acid, these bacilli synthesize vitamin K and B vitamins.
- Bacillus Coagulans easily suppresses the growth of pathogenic microflora, including Helicobacter pylori (cause of ulcers and gastritis), and stimulates the colon to populate with beneficial microbiota when consumed in large quantities.
Usually, when we take probiotics, we populate our gastrointestinal tract with them and try to maintain their populations. Here, it’s a different story. Bacillus Coagulans is a semi-resident bacteria in our gastrointestinal tract.
What does that mean?
It means that we put them in our body, they multiply rapidly in the duodenum, making up for the lack of good microflora and restoring the functions of the body, and then they slowly leave our body. They leave within 7 days of the last intake.
This is regarded as a great clinical advantage since Bacillus Coagulans eventually and very delicately restores our own native microflora.
An immunomodulatory effect has also been established for Bacillus Coagulans. It has been proven in a number of experimental studies and in clinical studies.
The immunomodulatory properties of Bacillus Coagulans were studied in experiments on mice and rats. It was found that the administration of the bacteria powder for 14 days in rats caused a significant increase in the level of leucocytes in the blood, with an increase in the percentage of neutrophils and lymphocytes.
The probiotic stimulated a nonspecific immune response, expressed in increased phagocytic activity, and contributed to the production of T-helper type 1 (Th1), which activates cellular immunity.
Who will benefit from taking it?
Bacillus Coagulans capsules are recommended for such conditions:
- gastric disorders associated with impaired microflora;
- gastrointestinal infections;
- taking antibiotics as a drug to normalize microflora;
- reduced immunity, including the season of colds and SARS;
- regular constipation;
- diets and food systems that include detoxification;
- accumulation of toxins;
- elevated sugar and cholesterol levels;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- skin rashes.
Bacillus Coagulans in sports nutrition
Studies show that Bacillus Coagulans can aid in the digestion of proteins as well as lactose and fructose. These bacteria’s properties can be used to prevent intestinal symptoms associated with the digestion of these food elements.
Studies have also shown that by increasing protein digestibility in the body, Bacillus Coagulans has a positive effect on muscle mass and body recovery.
Directions for use
The supplement can be taken with plain water, Aloe drink or mixed with food or Formula 1 shake. Possible emergency intake during the use of antibiotics, undergoing courses of therapy that weaken the immune system.
The effectiveness of drugs containing spores of Bacillus Coagulans is confirmed by the methods of evidence-based medicine. You can also find many good reviews online. Probiotics are effective in the treatment of diarrhea of various origins, including those associated with taking antibiotics, enterocolitis, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Administration of Bacillus Coagulans reduces the duration of diarrhea, reduces the severity of abdominal pain, and normalizes the composition of intestinal microflora. Bacillus Coagulans preparations are characterized by high safety and good tolerability.